Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Dead Battery

Tomorrow I die. By firing squad if you must know and I know you just gotta.

Am I sorry? Repentant? Remorseful? No. You slackers need to be stirred up every now and again lest complacency take you completely.

There goes the warden. I hate him. He asked if I wanted some clergyman to grant me forgiveness. Confess your sins and be saved, he said. Fool. I need not his faux Messiah. Or yours. My God is within. That shall sustain me. I recall telling you people this last time but nobody listened, did they?

I suspect you’ll just stand around and watch, just like last time. Millions more will be there tomorrow though. Gathered and silent, not lifting a finger to help. Jus like last time.

Last meal? PB & J with a glass of milk. What better meal to greet forever with?

You wanna know what I did, don’t ya? I can see it in your eyes. That insipid greed will be your ruin. Gimme, gimme, gimme. That’s all we ever hear from you and I gotta tell you, we’re all kinda sick of it. Greedy bitches. Doesn’t matter, after tomorrow I won’t have to listen anymore. HA!

Still wanna know? Yeah, of course you do. Well ok, but you’re not going to believe me. Nobody does. Why do you think I’m in here?

I solved your problems. All of them. Nobody gets sick. No one goes hungry or is homeless. There’s no murder, no rape, no wars. People help each other. Money is obsolete. Everyone is truly happy in your world.

But that’s not good enough for you, huh?? Now I have to die because you can’t adjust and adapt to the true bliss I’ve brought you? Fine! But there ain’t gonna be no three day grace period like there was last time. Screw that! I’m gonna fucking massacre all of you. Thought Hiroshima was bad? Wait ‘til true divinity smites you.

I told you I’d be back.

No comments: